BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 30, 2012

People Against Adult Gamers

It has been about a week since I last posted. Today I want to talk about people who are against adults who play games like WoW,  Rift,  LoTRO,  Diablo, etc. My wife was telling me the other day that in a couple groups that she belongs to in the blogging community has started more or less bashing adult gamers. Well I for 1 as stated in my 1st entry that I, myself, play games. I run a guild in WoW, in another guild on another server as well as take care of my 8 kids that still live at home with me & my wife. Our oldest son plays on my PC since his is having issues in the morning... mid to late morning he gets off mine & on his to let our oldest daughter play some since her PC can't handle WoW.  then in the late afternoon mid evening she gets off and i get on. By this time the kids have their home work done, chores done, and eating dinner. So by time i get on my PC to play the only thing left is getting them in the tub & then bed....  So with this said its not as bad as people think... yes there are parents that get entrenched in the games, but hey that happens with anything. There was a case in Florida not to long ago that a mother BEAT her child to death because she was disturbing her while she played FARMVILLE. Don't get me wrong, I also play Farmville from time to time but not addicted to any of the games. This is typical stereotyping that goes on everywhere, all the time. You hear a case or two & then its ALL who do this is like that. I want to say this is not the case in, I'd say about 97% of the cases. Most adults that play games like this have full time jobs, school, families, and other things that comes above these games & they usually get done before they play said games.... Shoot I look for work while I am in a game a lot of the time..... I will find a spot to sit so i don't die or get attacked and go on another page with my 2nd monitor that is attacked to my PC & look for a job. How do you think I have submitted over 2000 (yes two thousand) job apps in 2 years? I know you say are saying I don't care about this, but it has become a huge ordeal over last several years..... My generation is generation X as we are labeled.... we do everything that our parents & their parents didn't or wouldn't do (except Woodstock, Vietnam, things to this nature) We have been forced into a war on several fronts...... In my opinion and thoughts was not what the media and many others want to say was the "REAL" reasons. The real reason for this war was the fact that terrorists attacked the US, The WORLD!!!!. Our President George W. Bush at the time did what I would expect from a leader that was in his position..... REACT!!! But that is another story, thought, theory, & belief. We were ushered into the things we do by our parents, the people who had no choice but to let a TV & games be our babysitters when they were out working making ends meet for us. So People now even ones that are a part of this same generation wants to label parents & adults like myself & MANY others. I want to say this..... look at all the facts before you judge someone!!!

0 comments: