BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Adventures

 I woke up today, got a shower, got dressed, went to get the kids from school.... you know the whole daily grind bid. After getting home with the kids I decided i was going to head out to apply for a couple jobs & check on potential jobs.. I applied to the local lumber mill since my family & the owners are friends & have known each other for some years now.... my grandfather was their head mechanic there. I didn't feel that it might pan out but all I can do is hope for the best. So I went to the cafe here in town that is opening soon & found out that it is opening in the morning. I was like great another job that i didn't get... Then the owner told me that I will be called as soon as he finds out if he needs a dishwasher or if the few people that he has will be able to cover it. I quickly told him that with the word spreading that he is open & he is doing breakfast starting at 6 a.m. he will need a dishwasher. See I have people asking me about a bunch of of business advice. Things like what should i order to sell, what products do i need, etc.... I get this because A) I am from this area, B) I have told these people this & that. And it has shown to be truthful. So the owner said he is hiring me but not going to have me come in until he knows that he will absolutely need me right now. Well you say that's great!!!. I say that sucks.... I am in a position of needing a job like 2 years ago.... But as I told my wife this is a glimmer of sunshine to a gloomy road travelled. We will be able to start working to get back on our feet when I get the call to come in & get a couple full pay checks.... Hopefully it will be real soon.

0 comments: